Saturday, January 14, 2012

ROMANS 12:1-2

I have started a women's bible study at my house. We are studying "Battlefield of the Mind" by Joyce Meyers. It's all about learning how to manage your emotions and putting negative thoughts aside and speak the word into your life.

Last week we studied Romans 12:1-2. This is our theme verse! "Therefore, I urge you, brothers in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- his good, pleasing and perfect will.

My co-leader Jocelyn did a study on Romans 12 earlier last year. The book she studied gave five areas that women struggled with. Competence, Belongingness, Security, Appearance, and Worthiness! aw, just reading those turns my stomach. It's so true that we struggle with at least 2 of these. Big ones for me are Competence and Worthiness.
Here is what they had to say how to pray competence into our lives:

 Competence- I am a competent person, equipped by the Holy Spirit to carry out God's will in my daily life in a way that pleases Him, regardless of what stage of growth I may be in at the present, my real importance in life i
s connected with the  way I am touching people's lives with the love of God and message of Christ. Phil 2:13; 4:13- For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Ephesians 2:10- For we are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do.

I just pray for all you women out there that you can lay your struggles at Jesus feet and speak HIS word into your life! Jesus conquered our sin and these issues. We need to trust in his word and BELIEVE IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment